A new option has been added to Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 which allows skipping scan for incompatible software during the product installation.
This option is recommended ONLY if you are absolutely sure that the third-party software was deleted but is still detected by the Setup Wizard of Kaspersky Lab 2012 products. Otherwise after the program installation the operating system may malfunction and even crash.
Applications not compatible with Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012
Skipping scan for incompatible software when installing the application
In order to launch installation of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012
without scan for incompatible applications, perform the following actions:
Launch installation of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012.
On the Incompatible software step, click on the Skip button.
Scan for incompatible software will be skipped during installation of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012.
What to do if the Skip button is missed in the window?
If the Skip button is missed on the Incompatible software step, perform actions described below:
Skipping scan for incompatible software when installing the application from a distributive (internet version)
In order to start Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 and skip scan for incompatible software, do the following:
Open the Temp
folder. In order to do this, perform the following actions:
- Click Start in the bottom left hand corner.
- Select (My) Computer.
- Enter %Temp% in the path line and press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- Make sure that the folder with a unique name "xxxxxxx.tmp" (for example, nsu1D14.tmp) has appeared in the Temp folder.
- Open the folder with the files setup.exe and kavkis.msi.
- Copy the folder to any suitable for you place. For example, copy the folder on your Desktop.
- On the Setup Wizard window, click on the Cancel button.
- Open the folder which you have copied.
- Right-click the setup.exe file and then select the Create Shortcut item from the drop-down menu.
- Right-click on the created shortcut to setup.exe.
- Select the Properties item from the open menu.
- Go to the Shortcut tab.
- Enter "[full path to setup.exe file]" /pSKIPPRODUCTCHECK=1 in the Target field ("[full path to setup.exe file]" is specified in the Target field by default).
For example, if you are installing Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 (build 184.108.40.2064) under Windows XP, the text in the Target field will be the following:
If you use the pSKIPPRODUCTCHECK=1 parameter, Kaspersky Lab will not be responsible for any possible operating system malfunctioning caused by incompatibility of Kaspersky Lab 2012 products with other applications.
- Click on the OK button.
- Run the application installation by double-clicking the created shotcut to setup.exe.
Skipping scan for incompatible software when installing the application from a disk
If you purchased a box version of the application (the installation is performed from the installation CD), you can also install Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012
skipping scan for incompatible software. For this, perform the following actions:
- In the bottom left corner of the screen click the Start button.
- Next perform the following actions:
- For users of Windows XP:
- In the Start menu select Run.
- For users of Windows Vista/7:
- In the Start menu select All Programs > Accessories > Run.
- In the Run window in the Open field enter <cd-rom>:\install\setup.exe /pSKIPPRODUCTCHECK=1
- Click on the OK button.
The preformed actions will launch installation of Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 skipping scan for incompatible software.