Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows antivirus databases can be transferred from one system to another when reinstalling the OS or changing the computer.
You have various options depending on the network configuration:
Locally using the "Copy updates to folder" option
Enable the Copy updates to folder
option and run the update task before reinstalling the OS or changing the computer.
How to copy updates into a folder:
- Open the application settings.
- Select Scheduled tasks > Update in the left frame.
- Enable the Copy updates to folder option in the right frame.
- Click Browse if you want to specify another update folder. The default folder is С:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\KES8\Update distribution\.
- Click Save to apply the changes.
- Run the update task.
- Copy the Update distribution folder with all its content to a removable or network drive.
- Once you are through with reinstalling the OS or changing the computer, install Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows and select the Update distribution folder you have copied to a secure location as the update source for the first update instance.
We do not recommend copying the database-containing bases
folder to another host. This can lead to update malfunctions in the future.
Centralized via Kaspersky Security Center 9
If you are using Kaspersky Security Center 9
, there is a centralized updates storage available. In this case, there is no need in additional manipulations with updates when reinstalling the OS or changing the computer. Next time you run the workstation update task on the Administration server, Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows installed on local hosts will update from the C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Security Center\Share\Updates
Using the Update utilityThe Update utility
allows saving the downloaded antivirus databases and modules into a local folder, network or removable drive.