Applies to Kaspersky Security Center 9.0
Kaspersky Security Center is capable to force antivirus database updates on slave Servers and all client computers in a logical network. If this function is enabled, the Server will be sending to slave Server and all client computers in the logical network a command to download an update each time a new update becomes available on the master (or single) Server.
Force update of slave Servers
To allow slave Servers to download updates as soon as the master Server receives them, do the following:
- Open the master Server update task in the section Settings and click Configure in the section Other settings. Check the box Force update of slave servers.
- Create a slave Server update task, open its Properties and click Configure in the section Update sources. Click Add and set Master Administration Server as the update source.
Force update of client computers
To enable this mode, do the following:
- Open the node Group tasks of a group and create a group update task for each antivirus application. Configure them to update from an update source Administration server.
Update tasks for Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows are created automatically when an Administration server is installed.
- Schedule all such tasks to start (Schedule section) When new updates are downloaded to the repository. If there is a verification of updates downloaded by the Administration server configured in the network, client computers will download new databases after a successful verification only.
When these settings have been configured
- client computers of the master (or single) Server will address the Server for new databases/patches as soon as it finishes downloading updates.
- client computers of slave Servers will start updating from their (slave) Server. These tasks will not start on client computers before the slave server receives updates from the master one.