Applies to Kaspersky Password Manager 5.0
A new working peculiarity was added to Mozilla Firefox 8
: by default auto disabling third-party add-ons (and disabling Kaspersky Password Manager Autofill Engine
too). During installation Mozilla Firefox 8
displays a window informing of add-ons disabling.
How to enable the add-on during Firefox version update
update the Select Your Add-ons
window appears. Check the Password Manager Autofill Engine
box and click Next. Kaspersky Password Manager plugin will be enabled.
How to enable the add-on during Firefox 8 installation
After the installation of Firefox 8
, the Install Add-on
tab opens in the browser offering you to install the Password Manager Autofill Engine
. Check the Allow this installation
box and click the Continue
button. Kaspersky Password Manager
plugin will be enabled.
In order to finish the add-on installation, restart the browser by clicking the Restart Firefox
How to enable the add-on after Firefox installation
If you have not enabled the Autofill Engine of Kaspersky Password Manager during installation or update of the browser, you can do this once the browser is installed.
In order to enable the Autofill Engine plugin of Kaspersky Password Manager in Mozilla Firefox 8, perform the following actions:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox 8 and click on the Firefox button in the upper left hand corner of the window.
2. Select Add-ons from the open menu.
3. In the Add-ons Manager window go to the Extensions tab.
4. In the right hand part of the window in the Password Manager Autofill Engine section click on the Enable button.
5. The message Password Manager Autofill Engine will be enabled after you restart Firefox appears. Click on the Restart now link.
Once the browser is restarted, the Autofill Engine add-on will be enabled and displayed on the Extensions tab.