Today's malicious programs can invade the lowest levels of an operating system which makes them practically impossible to delete. Advanced disinfection technology in Kaspersky PURE 2.0 is aimed to disinfect the system from malicious programs which have already launched their harmful processes in the RAM and which now prevent the anti-virus from deleting these programs with any known means.
If a malicious activity is detected within the system, Kaspersky PURE 2.0 will offer you to perform a special advanced disinfection procedure which will allow to eliminate the threat and delete it from the computer. It is not recommended to launch new processes or to edit Windows registry during the advanced disinfection procedure.
Once the advanced disinfection procedure is over the computer is mandatory rebooted and the user is recommended to save results of his/her work and to close all programs as soon as active infection is detected. Kaspersky PURE 2.0 deletes malicious software immediately after the computer restart.
After restarting your computer, you are advised to run the full virus scan.
How to enable/disable advanced disinfection technology
Advanced disinfection technology uses a lot of computer resources and its start may slow down the whole system.
To start the advanced disinfection procedure, perform the following actions:
- Open the main application window
- In the top part of the window click the Settings link
- In the top part of the Settings window, select Additional
- Select the Compatibility section in the left part of the window.
- In the right part of the window check the Enable advanced disinfection technology box
- In the right bottom corner click OK
- Close the main application window.