What is Privacy Cleaner
Many of user's actions are registered in the system. The following data is saved:
- Histories containing information:
- about visited websites
- about applications launch
- about search requests
- about opening / saving files by different applications
- Microsoft Windows system log records
- Temporary files etc.
Kaspersky PURE 2.0 includes the Privacy Cleaner Wizard. The wizard allows deleting sources of information about the user's activity which may contain confidential data (for example, passwords).
To the contents ↑
How to start the Privacy Cleaner Wizard
Before you start the Privacy Cleaner Wizard close all windows of your browser.
In order to start the wizard, perform the following actions:
- Open the main application window
- On the main application window, click Additional Tools
- On the Additional Tools window, click on the Run button in the Privacy Cleaner section
- On the wizard's welcome window, select the required action:
- Perform user activity traces diagnostics
- Roll back changes (the option becomes available in case if the wizard was already used to delete information about the user's activity)
- Click the Next button to go to the next step
- Wait until the process is completed
- Select the required information about the user's actions to delete. The list contains three sections:
- Additional actions (the least dangerous)
- Recommended actions (potentially dangerous)
- Strongly recommended actions (dangerous)
- To start the process, click the Next button
- Wait until the process of deleting is completed
In order to delete some files, the wizard will suggest that you restart the system.
- In the Activity traces cleanup completed window, you can specify the mode that the wizard will be started automatically every time on Kaspersky PURE 2.0nbsp;exit. To do so, check the box Clean activity traces every time on Kaspersky PURE 2.0 exit
- To finish the wizard's work, click the Finish button.
Information about a user's activity in the system is constantly accumulated. The launch of any file, or the opening of any document will be logged. The Microsoft Windows system log registers many events occurring in the system. Some files, for example the Microsoft Windows log file, may be in use by the system while the wizard is attempting to delete them. In order to delete these files the wizard will suggest that you restart the system. However, during the restart these files may be re-created and detected again as activity traces. For this reason, repeated running of the Privacy Cleaner Wizard may detect activity traces which were not cleaned up by the previous run of the wizard.
To the contents ↑