The protection status of the computer reflects the presence or absence of any kinds of threats affecting the security level of the system as a whole. Threats include not only detected malicious objects, but also use of out-of-date databases, disabled computer protection, and use of minimum settings for Kaspersky PURE 2.0.
The computer's protection status is shown in the main application window of Kaspersky PURE 2.0 in the form of a color indicator. Depending on the situation, the color of the indicator changes.
In Kaspersky PURE 2.0 the color indicator has three possible statuses.
- Green means the computer is protected.
- Yellow indicates that there is a problem with protection (for example, the databases of Kaspersky PURE 2.0 have not been updated).
- Red indicates a serious security threat to the computer (for example, malicious objects have been detected on the computer and need to be neutralized).
A click upon the indicator or the Fix button opens the Security Problems window. The window provides detailed information about the computer's protection status. All problems are grouped by the categories to which they relate:
- License: problems relating to the current license (for example, license validity period has expired).
- Threats: list of active threats detected by Kaspersky PURE 2.0.
- Databases and application modules: problems relating to the status of databases and application modules (for example, out-of-date databases).
- Protection components: problems in the functioning of protection components (for example, problems in the functioning of Web Anti-Virus).
- Backup and Restore: problems relating to backup (for example, errors in creation of backup copies).
- Parental Control: problems relating to control over user’s work on the computer or Internet (for example, Parental Control is not enabled).
- Recommendations: recommendations for optimum configuration of the settings of Kaspersky PURE 2.0 (for example, if automatic update is disabled, the following message will appear in the Security Problems window in the Recommendations section: Automatic update is disabled. We recommend that you enable automatic updates or configure an update schedule).
If there are problems with the computer's protection, you are advised to eliminate them as soon as possible.
To view detailed information about the computer's protection status and to eliminate problems:
- Open the main application window.
- In the upper part of the window, click the protection status indicator or the Fix button.
- The Security Problems window displays the whole list of messages about problems. You can a eliminate problem by clicking on the corresponding button (for example, the Enable button).
- Close the Security Problems window.