Using the Parental Control functional module from Kaspersky PURE 2.0 you can set restrictions on certain web resources access depending on their content.
You can block/allow access to all web sites not included into the Allowed list, or you can block access to web sites by categories, for example, you can block access to web sites containing information concerning weapons or violance.
If the Control web browsing option is enabled, you can view brief web sites access statistics as well as detailed report for each user account on the selected computer. You can find detailed instructions on how to view statistics in KB8122.
How to limit access to web sites
In order to control and limit the access to web sites corresponding on their content for the required user account, perform the following actions:
- Open the main application window.
- In the righ part of the main application window select Parental Control.
- In the Computer Users window click the Settings and reports button next tot eh required account.
- In the left part of the Parental Control window, select Web Browsing.
- In the right part of the window, check the box Enable control.
- If you want to block access only to web sites of particular categories, select the option Block websites from the following categories and perform one of the following actions:
- if you want to select all categories, click on the Select all link
- if youy want to cancel selection, click on the Clear all link
- if you want to select specific categories, check the boxes next to the required web sites categories
- if you want to block access to all web sites except specified web sites, select the option Block access to all websites except websites allowed in the list of exclusions
- Click the Exclusions button and create the list of addresses that will be either allowed or blocked. In order to add a web-address to the list in the Block websites: exclusions window, click Add. Enter the required address, for example, http://www.site.com/*, in the entry field of the Address mask (URL) window. The asterisk (*) means any sequence of symbols.
- If you want to block access to the specified web-address, check the Block this URL box.
- Click OK, to save the URL.
- Also you can block or allow access to a web site from the list of exclusions. In order to do so, select the required web address and perform the following:
- click on the Allow button if the web address is blocked
- click on the Block button if the web address is allowed
- in the Block websites: exclusions window, click the OK button.
- After you have configured all the required settings, click the OK button in the Parental Control window.
- Close the main application window.
If a web address, which you want to add to the Allowed URL lists, contains the symbols *, ?, \, then you are required to use the symbol \ to override the asterisk (*), question mark (?) or backslash (\) following it. For example, you want to add the following URL www.site?anti-virus, then you have to enter the \ symbol before ?; the web address will look in the following way www.site\?anti-virus.