In order to activate Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 you need the activation code. Activation code is a unique charset of 4 sections. Each section comprises 5 symbols, and the common number of symbols equals to 20 (e.g. XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX).
If you have purchased a box version of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013, the activation code can be found on the first page of the Quick Start Guide.
If you have purchased the product in E-Store in this case you will receive the activation code to your email address you have defined when making the order.
Before you update or reinstall the OS, make sure that:
- You have the activation code in print on the inner side of the box with the setup CD (if you purchased a box version).
- The activation code is saved on another disc (flash-drive, floppy) which will not be formatted when reinstalling the operating system (if you purchased the product in the Online-Store).
- Product settings have been exported, and the configuration file is saved on another disc (flash-drive, floppy) which will not be formatted when reinstalling the operating system.
After the OS reinstallation, you are recommended to perform the following steps:
- Download the distributive from the Kaspersky Lab site. You can find the information how to download a file on the following pages:
- Install Kaspersky Anti-Virus.
- Activate the application.
- After you have installed the product and rebooted the OS, import the product settings from the configuration file you created earlier.
If you divided your hard drive into several partitions with different operating systems installed, then you can use one activation code to activate several copies of a Kaspersky Lab product on the operating systems, which are installed on the same computer.