If Kaspersky Anti-Virus or Kaspersky Internet Security is installed on your computer, then you can quickly record Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 via the application interface. Kaspersky Lab 2012 products have a special tool which allows creating and recording Kapersky Rescue Disk.
In order to record Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 to a removable USB device, perform the following actions:
1. Connect a removable USB device to your computer
In order to successfully record Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 to a removable USB device, the device must meet the following requirements:
- The USB device must be low-level formatted before recording.
- At least 256 MB USB capacity.
- FAT16 or FAT32 file system.
If NTFS file system is installed on the device, you are required to format it in FAT16 or FAT32. Do not use an USB device with other operating systems installed on it, otherwise booting from Kaspersky Rescue Disk may be incorrect or end up with an error.
2. Download the iso image of Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 and a special utility
Download the following utilities from the official Kaspersky Lab server:
The utility for Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 recording will start automatically. In the Destination Folder line of the WinRAR self-extracting archive window, you will see the folder where the image will be extracted. To select a different folder for Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 extracting, perform the following actions:
3. Record Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 to your USB device
To do this, perform the following actions:
- After the work of the utility for recording is completed, the Kaspersky USB Rescue Disk Manager window will open. Select the destination for the downloaded Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 image using the Browse button. Run the downloaded file rescue2usb.exe.
- Select the required USB device from the drop-down menu.
- Click START.
- Wait until the process is complete.
- Click OK on the open window informing that Kaspersky USB Rescue Disk has been successfully created.
4. Configure the computer to boot from Removable Device
Use the Delete
keys, to load the BIOS
menu. The keys F1, F8, F10, F11, F12
might be used for some motherboards, as well as the following key combinations:
Information how to enter the BIOS
menu is displayed on the screen at the start of the OS boot:
- In the BIOS settings on the Boot tab, select loading from a Removable Drive (you can find more detailed information in the documentation to the motherboard installed on your computer).
- Make sure USB keyboard and mouse support is enabled in BIOS.
Kaspersky USB Rescue Disk 10
- Connect a USB-drive with the recorded image of Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 to your computer.
is ready for work. You can boot a computer from it and start the system scan.
5. Boot your computer from Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10
- Restart your computer. After reboot, a message will appear on the screen: Press any key to enter the menu.
- Press any key.
If you do not press any key in 10 seconds, the computer boots from hard drive automatically.
- In the start up wizard window that opens, select the graphic interface language using the cursor moving keys. Press the ENTER key on the keyboard.
- Read carefully the license agreement of Kaspersky Rescue Disk. If you agree with all terms, press 1 on the keyboard. To reboot the computer, press 2. To shut down the computer, press 3.
- Select one of the following start up methods:
- Kaspersky Rescue Disk. Graphic Mode loads the graphic subsystem.
- Kaspersky Rescue Disk. Text Mode loads the text user interface represented by the Midnight Commander (MC) console file manager.
- Boot from Hard Disk.
- Press the ENTER key on the keyboard.
Once the actions described above have been performed, the operating system starts. It scans your computer for connected devices and searches for file systems of your local and removable disks. Once the operating system has started, you can start work with Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10. Update anti-virus databases and start a scan task.