1. Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10
Download the Kaspersky Rescue Disk iso image from the Kaspersky Lab server.
If desired (not mandatory) you can compare MD5
hash of the downloaded file with the actual hash:
2. Record the Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 image to a CD/DVD
If Kaspersky Anti-Virus or Kaspersky Internet Security are installed on your computer, then you can quickly record Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 via the application interface. These Kaspersky Lab products have a special tool which allows creating and recording Kapersky Rescue Disk.
If such option is not available to you, then record the Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 iso image to a CD/DVD using any record program (for example, Nero Burning ROM, ISO Recorder, DeepBurner, Roxio Creator etc.).
It is strongly recommended to record the disk with minimum available speed to avoid record errors.
3. Configure the computer to boot from CD/DVD
Use the Delete
keys, to load the BIOS
menu. The keys F1, F8, F10, F11, F12
might be used for some motherboards, as well as the following key combinations:
Information how to enter the BIOS
menu is displayed on the screen at the start of the OS boot:
Kaspersky USB Rescue Disk 10
- In the BIOS settings on the Boot tab, select loading from a Removable Drive (you can find more detailed information in the documentation to the motherboard installed on your computer).
- Connect a USB-drive with the recorded image of Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 to your computer.
is ready for work. You can boot a computer from it and start the system scan.
4. Boot your computer from Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10
- Restart your computer. After reboot, a message will appear on the screen: Press any key to enter the menu.
- Press any key.
If you do not press any key in 10 seconds, the computer boots from hard drive automatically.
- In the start up wizard window that opens, select the graphic interface language using the cursor moving keys. Press the ENTER key on the keyboard.
- Read carefully the license agreement of Kaspersky Rescue Disk. If you agree with all terms, press 1 on the keyboard. To reboot the computer, press 2. To shut down the computer, press 3.
- Select one of the following start up methods:
- Kaspersky Rescue Disk. Graphic Mode loads the graphic subsystem.
- Kaspersky Rescue Disk. Text Mode loads the text user interface represented by the Midnight Commander (MC) console file manager.
- Boot from Hard Disk.
- Press the ENTER key on the keyboard.
Once the actions described above have been performed, the operating system starts. It scans your computer for connected devices and searches for file systems of your local and removable disks. Once the operating system has started, you can start work with Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10. Update anti-virus databases and start a scan task.