Applies to Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10
Huge number of new viruses and their modifications appear every day. Therefore, before scanning your computer it is strongly recommended to update anti-virus databases of Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10.
You can update anti-virus databases of Kaspersky Rescue Disk by the following methods:
1. While creating a rescue disk using Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012/2011 or Kaspersky Internet Security 2012/2011
If you do not have a bootable rescue disk (on a CD or USB-device), you can create it using Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012/2011 or Kaspersky Internet Security 2012/2011. During rescue disk creation process you will be asked to download latest anti-virus databases.
How to create a rescue disk in Kaspersky Internet Security 2011?
How to create a rescue disk in Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011?
2. Via interface of Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10
If you have a bootable rescue disk on a CD or USB-device, you can update anti-virus databases of Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 via its interface. In order to do this, perform the following actions:
1. Boot your computer from Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10.
How to record Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 to a CD/DVD and boot my computer from the disk?
How to record Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 to an USB-device and boot my computer from the disk?
2. Configure Internet settings.
If automatical Internet settings configuration via DHCP is provided in your network, you can skip the step.
- In the bottom left hand corner click on the button and select Network setup
- In the Network setup window go to the Wired tab, select the required connection and click on the Edit button.
- In the Editing <connection name> window go to the IPv4 Settings tab. In the Method section select Manual. Click on the Add button and fill in the fields Address, Netmask, Gateway, DNS servers and click Save.
3. Configure proxy server settings.
If you do not use proxy server to connect to the Internet, skip the step.
- In the bottom left hand corner click on the button and select Kaspersky Rescue Disk from the open menu.
- In the upper part of the Kaspersky Rescue Disk window click Settings.
- In the left hand part of the Settings window select My Update Center.
- Click on the Settings... button in the right hand part of the window.
- In the Update settings window click on the Proxy server... button
- In the Proxy server settings window specify the required settings and click on the OK button.
4. Update anti-virus databases. To do this, perform the following:
- In the main window of Kaspersky Rescue Disk go to the My Update Center tab.
- Click on the Start update button.
- Wait until the process is complete.
Once anti-virus databases are updated, start scan of your computer using Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10.
If during anti-virus databases update process some problems appear and the process completes unsuccessfully, create a request to Kaspersky Lab Technical Support via the My Kaspersky Account service. In the request describe your problem in all details.
Technical support is provided only for users of commercial versions of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011/2012 or Kaspersky Internet Security 2011/2012.
Did the provided info help you?