Applies to Kaspersky Administration Kit 8.0
On 5 March 2012 Kaspersky Lab announced the release of Critical Fix 3 for Kaspersky Administration Kit 8.0 (version 8.0.2177). Critical Fix 3 is integrated in Kaspersky Administration Kit 8.0 distribution package.
Changes introduced in version 8.0.2177 as compared with 8.0.2134
- Option of disabling the switching of Network Agent to mobile mode by importing the following file into the local 32-bit Registry, has been added:
- A new rule of switching between Network Agent profiles has been added: switching by name resolvability.
- Applying of guidelines for relocation of computers has been optimized: only relocated client computers are now enqueued for synchronization.
- To export licenses, the rights to change Administration Server settings are required.
- High workload on the system during the activity of the update task.
- Deadlocks initiated by queries addressed to the database. Particularly when adding information on the registry of applications.
- Error encountered when attempting to connect to the Administration Server during periods of intense network activity.
- Incorrect samples created when performing search in Active Directory Organizational Units.
- Scheme of the database for MySQL has been optimized.
Administration Server installation methods
- The installation of Administration Server under Microsoft Windows Vista x64 or Microsoft Windows Server 2008 x64 may cause the Windows Installer to fail. To resolve this issue, it is recommended to install the latest system updates and Windows Installer 4.5.
- The installation of Microsoft Server Express 2005 with Service Pack 3 under Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 may cause the operating system to fail. This issue is described in Microsoft KB921337. To resolve this issue, upgrade your operating system to Windows XP with Service Pack 3.
- Administration Server running Microsoft Windows Vista x64 / 2008 Server x64 under the domain account, which has no domain administrator's rights, may cause a failure in Administration Server installation using the remote computer shared folder admin$. To resolve this issue, we recommend that you change the current Administration Server account with a local one, or use different methods of installation.
- In the Administration Console 8.0 the information on accounts for tasks created in 6.0. The tasks will continue running under the account, specified earlier by the administrator for version 6.0.
To solve this problem, edit the account in which the task is started.
- The install / uninstall of the Administration Server on the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system can fail if the UAC component is enabled. To resolve this issue, we recommend that you disable the UAC component for the time interval required to install / uninstall the Administration Server.
- Administration Server running Microsoft Windows Vista x64 / 2008 Server x64 may cause functional errors in package installation using Active Directory. To resolve this issue, use alternative installation methods, or publish the package in Active Directory without using Kaspersky Administration Kit.
- No interaction with Microsoft NAP Agent in the Microsoft Windows XP SP3 operating system.
Critical Fix 3 is a cumulative update for Kaspersky Administration Kit 8.0. It can be used to either install Kaspersky Administration Kit 8.0 'from scratch' or to upgrade any previous versions of the application.
Start Kaspersky Administration Kit 8.0 Critical Fix 3 installation on a computer installed with Administration Server and upgrade it. After installing Critical Fix 3, backward compatibility between the new and the old Administration Server version is supported. An upgrade does not eliminate any of the old Administration Server data.Create a group or global deployment task for Network Agent version 8.0.2177. Start the task manually or on schedule. Successful termination of the task will upgrade the Network Agent version on client computers.
When upgrading Kaspersky Administration Kit 8.0, you should create a backup copy of the Administration Server using the klbackup.exe utility or Administration Server data backup task. In order to completely restore Administration Server data, you will need to save the Server certificate.
After upgrading Kaspersky Administration Kit 8.0, you should check the Administration Server address indicated in the Network Agent installation package properties, and correct it as necessary.