What is Kaspersky Security Network
With rapid development of information technologies and further spread of the Internet into masses number of threats, to which computer users are subjected to, grows proportionally. Therefore, effective protection consists of different protection components an technologies which cooperate with each other. One of such protection technologies is Kaspersky Security Network (KSN)
. Kaspersky Security Network (KSN)
is a special security network which allows users to get:
- additional protection level;
- applications reputation data;
- websites reputation data;
- quick reaction on new threats.
The Kaspersky Security Network
service is a kind of "cloud" technologies. You can find detailed info about anti-virus "cloud" technologies in the article
on the website http://securelist.com
. Participating in Kaspersky Security Network (KSN)
allows Kaspersky Lab
quick collecting of data concerning new threats and developing methods to protect computers from new threats. The more users participate in KSN
, the more your computer is protected. If you agree to participate in the Kaspersky Security Network service, the application will automatically send the following data to Kaspersky Lab
- checksums of processed files;
- information concerning URLs to identify their reputation (personal data, for example, registration information, is not sent);
- statistics to increase protection against spam (for example, scanned messages IP addresses and checksums, pictures and attachments checksums)
Kaspersky Lab does not collect, process and store any personal user information. You can decide by yourself whether you wish to participate in Kaspersky Security Network. During installation of Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Mac, the Setup Wizard suggests to participate in Kaspersky Security Network, but you can change your decision whether to participate in the service after installation whenever you wish.
Top of page ↑
How to enable/disable KSN service during the program installation
You can accept or decline participation in Kaspersky Security Network during the program installation. For this, do the following:
- Start installation of Kaspersky Security for Mac.
- Follow the steps of the Setup Wizard.
- On the Participating in Kaspersky Security Network window do the following:
- Read the text on Kaspersky Security Network.
- If you agree with all points, check the box I agree to participate in Kaspersky Security Network.
- If you do not agree with all points, clear the box I agree to participate in Kaspersky Security Network.
- Click the Next button. Installation will continue.
Top of page ↑
How to enable/disable KSN service from the Preferences window
To enable or disable Kaspersky Security Network service from the Preferences window, do the following:
- Open the program main window.
- At the top left corner of the window click the Preferences button.
- On the Preferences window go to the KSN tab.
- In the General section check/clear the box I agree to participate in Kaspersky Security Network.
- Once the changes are made you are recommend e to lock the program to prevent unauthorized access to program settings.
- Close the Preferences window.
- Close the main program window.
Top of page ↑