During activation of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 by an activation code received after license renewal the application checks whether a license for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 / 2010 / 2011 / 2012 / 2013 was installed on the computer.
1. If a license is detected.
If a license is detected, Kaspersky Anti-Virus will send the license information to the Kaspersky Lab server and install a new license for 12 months for your Kaspersky Lab product.
2. If a license is not detected.
If Kaspersky Anti-Virus does not detect a license on the computer (for example, if the product has never been activated by a commercial activation code), the application will display the "License renewal" window.
- Check the box "Enter the previous activation code", enter your previous activation code manually and click on the Next button:
- If the entered activation code is identified as a commercial license for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 / 2010 / 2011 / 2012 / 2013, the product will 1) send license information to the Kaspersky Lab server, 2) download and 3) activate a new license for 12 months.
A previous activation code can be used for license renewal with a discount only if the number of computers, a renewal license is intended for, does not exceed the number of computers which can be activated with the previous activation code. If your renewal license is for more computers than the previous license, license validity period will be decreased.
- If the entered activation code
- is not an activation code for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 / 2010 / 2011 / 2012 / 2013
- or for less computers than the renewal license
- or was used to renew the license earlier
- or entered incorrectly,
the application will inform you of that.
- Check the box "I agree to decrease license validity period by <value>%. License expiry date <date>" and click the Next button. In this case the product will send a request to the Kaspersky Lab server. The server receives the Kaspersky Anti-Virus license valid for the number of months that corresponds to the percentage value of the decreased period.
License validity decrease period (in percent) depends on license issue.
License validity period of an activation code purchased via license renewal is less than 12 months. What should I do?
If after activation the license validity period makes less than12 months, it means Kaspersky Anti-Virus has not detected any previous license installed on the computer and you has not entered your previous activation code in the corresponding field. In this case, create a request to Kaspersky Lab Technical Support via the My Kaspersky service. In the request describe your problem in all details and provide the following data:
- license number or activation code of your previous license;
- license number of your renewal license.