Kaspersky Security Network (KSN)
is a special security network which allows users to get:
- additional protection level;
- applications reputation data;
- websites reputation data;
- quick reaction on new threats.
The Kaspersky Security Network service is a kind of "cloud" technologies.
Participating in Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) allows Kaspersky Lab quick collecting of data concerning new threats and developing methods to protect computers from new threats. The more users participate in KSN, the more your computer is protected.
Kaspersky Lab does not collect, process and store any personal user information. You can decide by yourself whether you wish to participate in Kaspersky Security Network. During installation of Kaspersky Internet Security 2013, the Setup Wizard suggests to participate in Kaspersky Security Network. You can change your decision whether to participate in the service after installation whenever you wish.
If you agree to participate in the Kaspersky Security Network service, the application will automatically send the following data to Kaspersky Lab servers:
- Checksums of processed files;
- Information concerning URLs to identify their reputation (personal data, for example, registration information, is not sent);
- Statistics to increase protection against spam (for example, scanned messages IP addresses and checksums, pictures and attachments checksums);
- Information about your computer hardware and software;
- The actual time spent checking the object by the Software’s components.
The received information is protected by Kaspersky Lab in accordance with the demands set by the law. Kaspersky Lab uses the received information only as general statistics. The general statistics data are generated automatically from the initially received information and do not contain any personal data and any other confidential information. The initially received information is stored in an encrypted way and is deleted upon accumulation (twice a year). The general statistics data are stored perpetually.
Kaspersky Internet Security provides the following options: