In order to restore Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 to its initial state, do the following:
Step 1. Download the program distributive
Download the latest version of Kaspersky Anti-Virus form the official Kaspersky Lab web site. See detailed instructions on how to download the file on the following web pages:
Step 2. Remove Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 installed on computer
In order to uninstall Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013, perform the following actions:
- In the bottom right hand corner of the screen right-click on the Kaspersky icon and select Exit from the open menu.
In order to restore Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 to its initial state, perform the following actions:
Step 1. Download the application distributive
In an email message from the eStore click the link to download the distributive. If the link validity period has expired, download the distributive from the Kaspersky Lab site. You can find detailed instructions on the following web pages:
Step 2. Uninstall the installed version from the computer
In order to uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security 2013, perform the following actions:
- In the bottom right hand corner of the screen click on the Kaspersky icon and select Exit from the open menu.
- Run the Setup Wizard to uninstall the application. You can find detailed instructions on the following web pages:
- For users of Windows XP.
- For users of Windows Vista.
- For users of Windows 7.
- For users of Windows 8:
- Click free space on the Start screen.
- At the bottom of the screen, click All Apps.
- On the All Apps screen, right-click Kaspersky Internet Security 2013.
- At the bottom of the screen, select Uninstall.
- In the Programs and Features window select Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 and click Uninstall/Change.
- In the Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 window, click on the Next button.
- On the Saving objects step, check the boxes:
- On the Ready to uninstall step, confirm the application uninstallation by clicking on the Remove button.
- Wait until the process is complete.
- To complete the uninstallation process, reboot the computer. To reboot the computer immediately, click on the Yes button. If you wish to manually reboot your computer later, click on the No button. After the computer is rebooted, the application will be fully uninstalled.
Step 3. Reinstall Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013
Install the downloaded version of Kaspersky Anti-Virus (double-click the downloaded distributive, to start installation).
What should I do if some problems appeared during uninstallation / installation process?
If during uninstallation or installation of Kaspersky Anti-Virus some problems appear, create a request to Kaspersky Lab Technical Support via the My Kaspersky Account service. In the request describe your problem in all details and attach screenshots of errors and a report created using the GetSystemInfo utility.