After Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 is started the message "Databases are corrupted" may be displayed:
The system protection indicator in the main application window will turn in red. The Computer Protection section will contain the message "Problems with databases".
If the "Databases are corrupted" message is also followed by the message "Black list is corrupted", perform the actions described in this article to fix the problem.
If "Databases are corrupted
" is the only error message you receive, follow the steps below to resolve the issue:
1. Try to update databases
Run the databases update process from the application interface. To update databases:
- Open the application main window.
- In the lower part of the window select Update.
- In the Update window click Run update.
- Open the main application window.
- Click on the red status indicator.
- In the Security Problems window click on the Run update button in the Databases section.
Wait until the update process is completed. Make sure the product is updated and functions normally.
2. Restart the program and try to update databases
If the update process ends with the same error, then try to restart the application and update the databases once again. In order to do so, perform the following actions:
- Right-click the application icon in the Taskbar notification area in the right lower part of the screen.
- Select Exit from the context menu.
- Start the application. To do so, select Start - (All) Programs - Kaspersky Anti-Virus. - Kaspersky Anti-Virus.
- Start the update process from the application interface as described above.
3. Contact Kaspersky Lab Technical Support
If the issue persists, send a request with the detailed description to Kaspersky Lab Technical Support via the My Kaspersky service. Attach the following files: