After Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013
is started the message "Databases are corrupted
" may be displayed:
The system protection indicator in the main application window will turn in red. The Computer Protection
section will contain the message "Problems with databases
If the "Databases are corrupted" message is also followed by the message "Black list is corrupted", then in order to resolve the problem, perform the actions described in the article KB8882.
If only the "Databases are corrupted
" message is displayed on the screen, then, in order to eliminate the problem, perform the following:
1. Try to update databases
Run the databases update process via the application interface. In order to do so, perform the following:
- Open the application main window.
- In the lower part of the window select Update.
- In the Update window click Run update.
- Open the main application window.
- Click on the red status indicator.
- In the Security Problems window click on the Run update button in the Databases section.
Wait until the update process is complete. Make sure the product is updated and functions normally.
2. Restart the program and try to update databases
If the update process ends with the same error, then try to restart the application and update the databases once again. In order to do so, perform the following actions:
- Right-click the application icon in the right lower part of the screen in the Taskbar notification area.
- Select Exit from the context menu that will open.
- Start the application. To do so, select Start - (All) Programs - Kaspersky Anti-Virus. - Kaspersky Anti-Virus
- Start the update process via the application interface as it is described above.
3. Contact Kaspersky Lab Technical Support
If the recommendations given above did not help you to rectify the problem, send a request with the detailed description to Kaspersky Lab Technical Support via the My Kaspersky Account service. Attach the following files: