On 12 November 2012 Kaspersky Lab announced the release of Maintenance Pack 1 for Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Linux. Full version number is 220.127.116.11.
Version 18.104.22.168 features the following changes:
- Added Update agent and Connection gateway functions to the Network agent.
- Improved Network agent performance stability
- Modified internal format of quarantine storage (see below)
- Fixed the errors of the previous version
- Updated system requirements
Updated backup storage:
MP1 version features a new internal quarantine format. If you have to keep your quarantined objects after migrating to the new version, you should covert the quarantine with the quarantine_upgrade utility (comes with the product), before installing the new version. Otherwise all the quarantine content will be lost after upgrade.
How to keep the quarantine content for the new application version:
- Use the following command to export the quarantine into a backup directory (e.g. /media/backup):
for Linux: # /opt/kaspersky/kes4lwks/bin/kes4lwks-control -Q --export /media/backup
- After removing the old version and installing the new one, use the following command:
# ./quarantine_upgrade /media/backup
The utility will update the format of quarantined files.
- Use the following command to import the quarantine content from the backup directory:
for Linux: # /opt/kaspersky/kes4lwks/bin/kes4lwks-control -Q --import /media/backup
How to install and update
Use the following commands to install the application in Linux:
- for 32 and 64 bit systems using RPM:
# rpm -i kav4fs-8.0.x-xxx.i386.rpm
# rpm -i klnagent-8.0.x-xxx.i386.rpm
- for 32 bit systems using dpkg:
# dpkg -i kes4lwks_8.0.x-xxx_i386.deb
# dpkg -i klnagent_x-xxx_i386.deb
- for 64 bit systems using dpkg:
# dpkg -i --force-architecture kes4lwks_8.0.x-xxx_i386.deb
# dpkg -i -force-architecture klnagent_8.0.x-xxx_i386.deb
Fulfill the following to update the previous application version locally:
- Uninstall the previous version Endpoint Security package using standard OS tools (dpkg -r or rpm -e commands)
- Install the Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Linux version 22.214.171.124 package
If you want to update the application via Kaspersky Administration Kit/Security Center:
- Install the Administration console plugin from Endpoint Security MP1 package
- Create an Endpoint Security remote uninstallation task and run it.
- Create a Network agent remote installation task (from Endpoint Security MP1 package).
- Install the new Network agent remotely on target hosts (please mind that the previous Agent version should be already present on the hosts).
- Create an Endpoint Security MP1 remote installation package.
- Install Endpoint Security MP1 remotely on target hosts.
If you want to keep storage content, you should convert it (see above) before updating!
Download version 126.96.36.199