The encryption algorithm used by Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows depends on the encryption module, which is installed separately. The data encryption functionality becomes available only after the encryption module is installed.
Installing the encryption module on a local host via Setup Wizard
In order to install the encryption module on a local host via Setup Wizard:
- Run the xxx_excryption_module.msi file from Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows distribution package where xxx may stand for an encryption algorithm name used by Kaspersky Endpoint Security. This will start the Encryption Module Setup Wizard.
- Follow the Wizard's instructions.
Installing on a local host from command line prompt in silent mode
In order to install the encryption module on a local host from command line prompt in silent mode
- msiexec /i <package_name> EULA=1 /qn
Remote installation via a Kaspersky Security Center 10 task
In order to install the encryption module on workstations remotely via a Kaspersky Security Center 10 task:
- Run the New Package Wizard in the Administration Console.
- Select Create installation package at the Selecting installation package step.
- Select the xxx_excryption_module.msi file in the Selecting the distribution package for installation step.
Type EULA=1 /qn in the Executable file command line field.
Please note that if you do not enter EULA=1 /qn
as shown above, then the corresponding License agreement acceptance window will appear on a client computer during the encryption module installation.
- Follow the instructions of the Wizard.
- Use a group task to install the installation package on workstations.
Remote installation using domain group policies
In order to install the encryption module via remote installation using domain group policies:
- Create a shared folder on a domained host and copy the application installer xxx_excryption_module.msi to it.
- Run the Group Policy Management Console and select Edit in the context menu to open the group policy settings.
- Go to Computer configuration > Policies > Software configuration > Install software in the Group Policy Management Editor.
- Select New in the context menu, then Package, and indicate the application installer network address (which is in the shared folder) in the window.
- Select Assigned and click OK in the Deploy Software window.
- Once the group policy is applied, the application will be installed on workstations after the next reboot.
How to uninstall the encryption module
In order to uninstall the encryption module:
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Click Programs and Features.
- Select the Encryption module from the list of the installed software.
- Click Uninstall.