The encryption algorithm used by Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows depends on the encryption module, which is installed separately. The data encryption functionality becomes available only after the encryption module is installed.
To download the encryption module installer, go to the Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows (for workstations) download page, click Files and select aes_encryption_module_18.104.22.1684en.exe.
Once the encryption module installer with the .exe extension has been downloaded, unpack it to get the installer .msi file aes_encryption_module.msi.
To get full access to all encryption management features in Kaspersky Security Center 10, you must additionally install the encryption module on a host with the Administration Console. This will allow you to manage the Authentication Agent accounts or request and recieve the Authetication Agent password recovery data via the Administration Console.
Installation of the encryption module on a local host via the Setup Wizard
To install the encryption module on a local host via the Setup Wizard:
- Run the aes_encryption_module.msi file. This will start the Encryption Module Setup Wizard.
- Follow the Wizard's instructions.
Installation on a local host from command prompt in silent mode
To install the encryption module on a local host from command prompt in silent mode
- msiexec /i <package_path>\aes_encryption_module.msi EULA=1 /qn
Remote installation using domain group policies
To install the encryption module using domain group policies:
- Create a shared folder on a domained host and copy the application installer aes_encryption_module.msi into it.
- Run the Group Policy Management Console and select Edit in the context menu to open the group policy settings.
- Go to Computer configuration → Policies → Software settings → Software installation in the Group Policy Management Editor.
- Select New in the context menu, then Package, and indicate the application installer network address (which is in the shared folder) in the window.
- In the Deploy Software window, select Assigned and click OK.
- Once the group policy is applied, the application will be installed on workstations after the next reboot.
Remote installation via a Kaspersky Security Center 10 task
The encryption module can be installed on workstations in a centralized manner via Kaspersky Security Center 10.