This section contains the guides for fixing most common installation issues. If you get one of the errors from the list, see the guide below.
The application was not installed
The application was not installed. Your computer may be infected by viruses.
Error occurred during application installation
Error occurred during application installation. Error 1714. Failed to remove the earlier application version
How to fix the issue
Step 1. Create a restore point
Guide for Windows 10:
- Search for Create a restore point using the search bar and click on the result.
- In the System Properties window on the System Protection tab, click Create.
- Enter the description for the restore point and click Create.
- When the restore point is created, click Close.
If you use one of the earlier operating system versions, click the link to view the guide on the Microsoft support website:
Step 2. Make sure you have an activation code for your Kaspersky product
After you create a restore point, make sure you have a 20-digit activation code for your Kaspersky Lab product. You will need to enter it after you reinstall the application.
The code contains Latin letters and numerals divided into four groups of 5 characters.
If you bought the product offline in a box, you will see the activation code on the Quick Start Quide you find in the box.
If you bought the product online, the activation code will be in the e-mail from the online store.
If you lost the activation code, please contact Technical Support via My Kaspersky (requires registration).
Step 3. Delete the files of the earlier installed product versions
- Download the removal tool for Kaspersky Lab products.
- The downloaded file will apper in the lower part of the browser window. Run the file.
- The tool window opens. To continue, click I agree.
- The removal tool will search for remaining files of previously installed Kaspersky Lab products. For successful installation, please remove all detected files. Select the file from the list, type the code from the image and click Remove.
If you installed the 2015 version earlier, manually select Kaspersky Anti-Virus \ Internet Security \ Kaspersky Total Security 188.8.131.521 in the drop-down list. Other product versions are detected automatically.
- Confirm the removal.
- Click OK to restart your computer.
- Run the tool once again and delete the remaining application files if they were detected.
Step 4. Install the Kaspersky Lab product
If the issue persists or the error you receive is not present in the knowledge base, please create a request to Technical support via My Kaspersky (requires registration).
For information on other possible errors, please refer to the Installation errors section.
If the solution did not help, please contact us.