Concerning to all Kaspersky Lab products for Windows
Before editing the system registry will-be-modified sections should be exported or the registry should be backed up. It will restore the system registry to its initial state if needed.
Exporting registry sections
To export a registry section, do the following:
Do not use the method described below to export the registry subtrees (for example, HKEY_CURRENT_USER). In case a subtree should be exported, back up the registry.
- Go to Start > Run
- In the Open field enter REGEDIT
- Click OK
- Find the necessary registry branch
- Left-click the branch to high-light it
- Click File in the upper menu
- Select Export
- In the Export registry file window enter the file name and choose the folder into which the file will be saved
- Click Save
Restoring registry keys from a file
To restore a registry key from a file, do the following:
- Double-click the file into which the registry branch was saved, to launch it.
- In the Registry editor window click Yes
- In the Registry editor window click OK once the information has been added to the registry