Concerning to:Kaspersky Security 5.5 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 (5.5.1074 - 5.5.1388)
Kaspersky Administration Kit 6.0 MP1
Kaspersky Administration Kit 5.0 (builds 5.0.1149 - 5.0.1152)
Beginning from the version 5.0.1149 Kaspersky Administration Kit allows remote management of Kaspersky Security 5.5 for MS Exchange Server 2003 (the version 5.5 MP1 only – build 5.5.1074). But remote managing of Kaspersky Security as well as its embedding in the logical network of the product and further managing has some peculiarities:
Kaspersky Security on Exchange-server(s) or an array of servers is installed manually using the product distributive. Kaspersky Administration Kit does not allow install/uninstall this application in a remote way.
2. Connecting to the Administration Server
Irrespective of the number of the Exchange-servers in the net, whether they create an array or not, all the applications Kaspersky Security installed should be connected to the Administration Server. To do it, install Administration Agent of the version 5.0.1149 (or above) on each Exchange-server and add each machine (each cluster node) to the logical net as Clients.
NOTE! If Exchange-servers are united in a cluster, then the virtual server can be connected to the logical network only if the Active-Passive cluster is used. In any other mode the Network Agent will not be detected by the Administration Server.
To manage Kaspersky Security 5.5 for MS Exchange Server 2003, install the management plug-in for this application on all Administration Consoles, through which Kaspersky Security is going to be managed:
- if you are using Kaspersky Administration Kit version 5.0.1104 or previous, install the latest version of Kaspersky Administration Kit manually.
- If you are using Kaspersky Administration Kit version 5.0.1149 (or above), then the Management plug-in of Kaspersky Security is already installed – it is a component of the Console distributive. In this case install the Management plug-in on those Consoles, whose versions are earlier than 5.0.1149 and through which Kaspersky Security is gong to be managed.
- To install the Plug-in manually, unpack the distributive file of Kaspersky Security. Find the klcfginst.exe file and run it on each computer on which the Console is installed. It is recommended to close the Console before you install the Plug-in.
3. Configuring the Kaspersky Security 5.5 for MS Exchange Server 2003 settings
Kaspersky Security can be configured the following ways:
- in the properties of a client computer, on which Kaspersky Security is installed, on the Applications tab > select Kaspersky Security in the list of the installed applications and click the Properties button.
- via the policy for Kaspersky Security.
4. Tasks of Kaspersky Security 5.5 for MS Exchange Server 2003
The Anti-Virus tasks are managed on the Tasks tab of the client computer on which Kaspersky Security is installed. Thus only local tasks can be created for this application. Installing license key is the only exception – this task can be created for Kaspersky Security 5.5 for MS Exchange Server 2003 both as a group or global one.
5. Anti-Virus and Anti-spam database updating
The antivirus and anti-spam database updating task for Kaspersky Security 5.5 for MS Exchange Server 2003 can be created only as a local one (on the Tasks tab of the client computer with Kaspersky Security installed). To configure the antivirus database updates from the Administration Servers, in the properties of the update task define the folder Share/Updates as an update source on the computer on which the Administration Server is installed (the variant HTTP-, FTP-server or network folder)
NOTE! Do not forget to define in the properties of the Administration Server update task to download the anti-spam databases for Kaspersky Security 5.5 for MS Exchange Server 2003.
Kaspersky Security 5.5 for MS Exchange Server 2003 can not be updated using push technology of Kaspersky Administration Kit.