Concerning to Kaspersky Administration Kit 8.0
An Administration Server client (client PC, client) is a PC with installed Network Agent connected to the given Administration Server.
To make control easier, Clients are joined into Administration groups. Client PCs are usually grouped on the basis of some common features: same department, type of the antivirus application installed on a Client, geographical location, security level set. For example, one group is assigned for PC users with more secure Kaspersky-Antivirus protection settings and another group for more advanced specialists who are able to configure Kaspersky Anti-Virus on their own and make correct decisions if a virus has been detected.
Anyway, it is the network administrator who decides how to distribute users into groups.
First of all, before being distributed into Administration groups, all PCs within the network are placed into the Administration console tree node Unassigned computers. Information about PCs in this node is updated on the basis of regular network polling.
When a PC has been moved from the Unassigned computers node into an administration group, it can be viewed in the Client computers node of that group. All client computers inside an administration group node have icons making it easier for the administrator to estimate protection status on each PC. Pale icon means that connection between Agent and Server is lost, and icon color indicates protection status on the given PC.
Operations applicable to client PC:
- Delete a PC from a group using the Delete command from the contextual menu of that PC. A PC deleted from a group is moved into the Unassigned computers node.
- Move a PC into another group on the same Server using drag-and-drop with mouse or Cut/Paste command from the contextual menu of that PC.
- Move a PC into another group on ANOTHER Server using a Change Kaspersky Administration Server task.
A Client PC with installed Administration Server component CANNOT be reassigned to another Administration Server.
When a Client has been added to an administration group, you can view its detailed information in the window <computer name> Properties invoked by the command Properties from the contextual menu of that PC. This window has four tabs containing full information about the PC:
This tab contains information about the name PC has within the logical network (you can be change it from this window or enter additional information about that client PC), name of the domain this PC belongs to, its name within the domain, its IP address, name of a logical network parent group, as well as the following additional information:
- Last update date – time of the last antivirus modules or bases update on the given PC.
- Last visible time – when the PC was last time detected in the network by the Server.
- Connecting to Server – time of the last connection established between the Network Agent installed on the PC and the Administration Server. If the Agent has not yet been installed, this field contains <Unknown>.
Click the link System Information to view:
- Detailed information about the PC configuration,
- List of applications installed on the PC,
- Data about the sessions of work with the client PC. Information about the domain users is gathered on the basis of the Active Directory data. Information about the local users is provided by the Security Account Manager installed on the client PC.
- Your comments about the PC.
By default, Network Agent is configured to establish connection with the Server every 15 minutes. If you want to maintain uninterrupted connection with a client PC, check the box Do not disconnect from the Administration Server. Then the Agent will not disconnect from the Server. You might want to maintain an uninterrupted connection between a client PC and the Server in order to receive real-time statistics about the given PC, for on-line management of local tasks, for connection troubleshooting.
It is advised to maintain uninterrupted connection only with the most important client PCs, because the total number of simultaneous uninterrupted connections maintained with the Server is limited (it is not recommended to go beyond a few tens of them).
This tab contains details about the antivirus protection status on the PC:
- current real-time protection status of the PC;
- last full scan date;
- number of infected objects found in the PC since the moment the Anti-Virus has been installed or after the last virus counter reset (click Reset to reset the counter);
- client PC status description (i.e. an explanation why the PC status is critical or warning?).
The list of conditions to assign PC with a status is accessible via the properties (Computer status tab) of the group the Client belongs to. According to the inheritance rules, conditions of all its parent groups are monitored for a client PC. Administrator can disable monitoring of selected conditions by unchecking corresponding boxes.
The Applications tab contains a full list of Kaspersky Lab applications installed on the given client PC. Here you can view general information about each application, work with backup storage and quarantine of the given client PC and configure some application settings unless they are locked in the corresponding application policies.
From this tab you can stop/start applications on client PCs: select an application and click Stop/Start in the contextual menu.
Here you can manage the client PC tasks: view the list of existing ones, Add/Remove tasks, Start/Stop tasks, change task settings, and view task results history. The list of tasks is updated on the basis of data received during the last Client-Server synchronization. Information about the status of the tasks is requested by the Server from the client PC, and the status will not be defined if there is no connection.
Tasks created for this PC on the Administration Server are marked with the icon .
Local tasks of the PC are marked with the icon .