Applies to Kaspersky KryptoStorage
Kaspersky KryptoStorage consists of three subsystems which protect objects of specific types:
- the Protected volumes subsystem protects volumes of a hard disk and removable devices.
- the Protected containers subsystem creates protected containers, allows for the use of the protected containers.
- the Protected folders creates protected folders, allows for the use of the protected folders.
The Kaspersky KryptoStorage manager is intended to configure the subsystems included in Kaspersky KryptoStorage. In order to open the window of the Kaspersky KryptoStorage manager, from the Start menu select Programs - Kaspersky KryptoStorage - Kaspersky KryptoStorage.
The window containing data on the Kaspersky KryptoStorage subsystems which are installed on your computer is displayed.
To the right of the subsystem’s name there is the Autorun field. If the check-box in the field is selected, the autorun of the subsystem is enabled. After Kaspersky KryptoStorage is installed, the autorun option is enabled for all subsystems. In order to disable any of the subsystems, clear the corresponding Autorun check-box.
The autorun settings come into effect after you restart the computer.
When disabling the autorun option of the subsystems, you must consider the operating specifics of the Kaspersky KryptoStorage subsystems. The result of disabling the subsystems:
- The operating system identifies Protected volumes as unformatted volumes. The contents are encrypted. The functions of the application for using disk volumes and removable devices are not available.
You cannot disable the subsystem if the system and/or the boot volumes are protected.
- The contents of Protected containers cannot be used. The contents are encrypted. The functions of the application for using the protected containers are not available.
- The protected files and folders in the Protected folders can be deleted from the computer by any user. The contents of files are encrypted; you can view only the structure of subfolders. The functions of Kaspersky KryptoStorage for using protected files and folders are not available.