To get a key file by an activation code, you should do the following:
- Enter the activation center: https://activation.kaspersky.com/
- In the Activation code field enter your activation code. Leave the fields Customer ID and Password empty.
- Click Next
- Click the button Download key to download a license key file
- Click the button Get key by email to receive your license key by email
A key file is received by mail:
- open the received mail message
- right-click the attachment
- in the drop-down menu select Save as
- choose the folder in which you would like to save the archive with the key file (for example, in the C:\ root directory)
- click the Save button
- unpack the received archive by any archivator. The file can be unpacked in the same folder in which the archive was saved.
A key file is downloaded from the Kaspersky Lab site:
- select the folder into which you would like to save the key file (for example, in the C:\ root directory) and save it.
Unce you have received a key file, install it in the application.
in Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 a new key file is added the folloiwng way:
- open the main application window
- choose License
- in the right part of the window click Activate the application
- in the Activation wizard select Activate using the key file
- click Browse
- select the folder into which you have unpacked content of the received archive and saved the key file
- double click the key file
- click Activate
- make sure the application has been activated successfully
- click Finish
- minimize the main application window
The dialog windows for Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 and Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 are the same but with corresponding dialog windows.