Applies to:Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0/7.0/2009 (all versions)
Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0/7.0/2009 (all versions)
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations MP3 (version 188.8.131.520)
In order to activate Kaspersky Lab products version 6.0\ 7.0\2009 you need to have an activation code or a key file.
The Activation code is a unique set of 20 characters, shown as 4 sets of 5 characters (e.g. XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX). An activation code is required to activate a Kaspersky Lab product which you have purchased in Online-Store.
Key File - is a xxxxxxx.key file that contains reserved data needed by Kaspersky Anti-Virus to be fully functional, as well as the following information:
- support service information (where and how to get it);
- key name and number;
- number of PCs it was usued to;
- license expiration date.
If you have purchased a box version of the product, the activation code can be found on the inner side of the box with a licensed Kaspersky Lab CD.
If you have purchased the product in Online-Store in this case you will receive the activation code to your email address you have defined when making the order.
Before you update or reinstall the OS, make sure that:
- you have the activation code in print on the inner side of the box with the setup CD (if you purchased a box version).
- the activation code or the key file is saved on another disc (flash-drive, floppy) which will not be formatted when reinstalling the operating system (if you purchased the product in the Online-Store).
- product settings have been exported, and the configuration file is saved on another disc (flash-drive, floppy) which will not be formatted when reinstalling the operating system
- the file with the Anti-Spam databases was saved on another disc which will not be formatted when reinstalling the operating system (if Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0\7.0 or Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations is installed on your PC).
After the OS reinstallation, you are recommended to perform the following steps:
- download the latest version of the product distributive which you have purchased earlier from the Kaspersky Lab’s official web-site: http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates
- run the downloaded file
- when installing the product use the same activation code or key file which you have saved on another disc
- after you have installed the product and rebooted the OS, import the product settings from the configuration file you have created earlier
- copy the file with the Anti-Spam databases