Concerning to:Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009
Kaspersky Internet Security 2009
You can always return to the recommended program settings. They are considered the optimum and are recommended by Kaspersky Lab experts.
You can reset settings with the Program Setup Wizard of application.The window that opens asks you to define which settings should be saved for which components and which not when the recommended security level is restored.
- File Anti-Virus
- Mail Anti-Virus
- Web Anti-Virus
- System security:
- Proactive Defense
- Online Security
- Content filtering (for Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 only)
- Banner Ad Blocker
- Parental Control
- Threats and exclusions
The list of components may vary depending on the settings which were modified and which now difer from default.
After you are finished with the Setup Wizard, the Recommended security level will be set for all components, except for the settings that you decided to save when you reset the settings. In addition, settings that you configured with the Setup Wizard will also be applied.
In order to reset default settings, do the following:
- Open the main application window
- Click the Settings button > select Protection
- In the right part of the window in the section Application settings management click the Restore button
- In the Configuration Wizard click Next
- Check the components whose settings you would like to restore
- Click Next
- Select the protection mode:
- Automatic mode – recommended mode. In this mode the application itself decides which actions to use to suspicious/ malicious objects.
- Interactive mode - in this mode the user is informed of all suspicious activity on the computer and should choose the actions to apply to malware him or herself. This mode is recommended to experienced users only.
- Click the Settings link if you would like to change the update settings. Select the update mode and click Next.
- Check\ clear the boxes for malicious and unwanted programs whose detection should be enabled/ disabled.
- Click Next
- Enable/disable sending statistics about infections and virus outbreaks within the framework of Kaspersky Network Security.
- Click Next
- Click Yes to confirm your participation within the framework of Kaspersky Network Security
- Click Finish
- Click OK
- Minimize the main application window
The dialog windows of Kaspersky Interne Security 2009 and Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 are the same but with corresponding product names.