Concerning to Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010
When trying to activate Kaspersky Anti-Virus, the message that will inform you that "Activation code is not compatible with this application" might be displayed.
Kaspersky Lab provides end users with multiple applications to protect their computers or mobile devices and each application can only become unlocked by using an activation code that is designed for the application. Consumer (or Home) products include:
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus - Basic anti-virus protection
- Kaspersky Internet Security - Advanced security for computers. Includes everything provided in Kaspersky Anti-Virus, including additional protection like firewall, content filtering, etc.
- Kaspersky Mobile Security - Anti-virus protection for mobile phones
- Kaspersky Security for Ultra-Portables - Security suite designed to run on net books and ultra portable computers.
Most likely you are trying to activate the product with an activation code designed for another product. To check which Kaspersky Lab's application you installed on the computer, perform the following actions:
- open the main application window and compare the product’s name in the left upper corner with the name on the box you purchased in a retail store (if you purchased a box version of the product) OR in the confirmation email sent from an online order (if you purchased the product via E-Store).
if an installed product differs from the purchased one, perform the following actions:
- remove the currently installed product (click Start -> All programs -> Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010 -> Modify, Repair or Remove -> Remove)
- download the latest version from the link: http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates
- unpack the downloaded archive using, for example, WinZip
- install the application
- activate the application using the purcahsed activation code
If the name of the purchased product differs from the name of the product on the box, in this case directly contact the product's distributor.