Concerning to Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010
Vulnerability scan is a special tool which helps to search and eliminate security vulnerabilities of applications, installed on your computer, and in operating system settings.
All the problems detected at the system analysis stage will be grouped based on the degree of danger it poses. Kaspersky Lab specialists offer a set of actions for each group of problems which help to eliminate vulnerabilities and weak points in the system's settings.
There are three groups of problems distinguished, and, respectively, three groups of actions associated with them:
- Strongly recommended actions will help eliminate problems posing a serious security threat. You are advised to perform all actions of this group.
- Recommended actions help eliminate problems posing a potential threat. You are advised to perform all actions of this group too.
- Additional actions help repair system damages which do not pose a current threat but may threat the computer's security in the future.
The vulnerability scan task can be started in the following ways:
- from the Vulnerability Scan window
- using a created shortcut
In order to start the vulnerability scan task from the Vulnerability scan window, perform the following actions:
- open the main application window
- select the Scan My Computer section
- in the right lower part of the window click the button Open Vulnerability Scan window
- to start the vulnerability scan task, click the Start Vulnerability Scan button in the Vulnerability Scan window.
The scan results will be displayed in the Vulnerability Scan window in two tabs:
- System vulnerabilities
- Vulnerable applications
In order to eliminate the system vulnerability, select the object and click the Fix it button.
In the Vulnerable applications tab there are two variants to choose if you select an object:
- you can read the vulnerability description by clicking Details...
- you can create an exclusion rule for the selected vulnerability by clicking Add to exclusions...
In the Vulnerability Scan window, besides the Start Vulnerability Scan button, the information about when the scan task was stopped or completed is displayed. The time is also the link to open the detailed report.
In the detailed report you can find information about start, stop or completion of the vulnerability scan task and the list of vulnerable objects with the link to open the description for them.
The Vulnerability Scan task can be also started using the created shortcut.
In order to do it, you need just double-click on the vulnerability scan shortcut. The task performing process will be shown in the Vulnerability Scan window that will open and in the main application window.