Concerning to:Kaspersky Internet Security 2009
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009
During work of the Full scan task in Kaspersky Anti-Virus product version 2009 the following information might be displayed:
This information is a result of work of the signature scan of vulnerabilities enabled by default in the Full scan task.
Signature scan of vulnerabilities scans the OS and the applications installed on the computer for vulnerabilities which can be misused by cyber criminals. Vulnerabilities are scanned using signatures based on a constantly updated database of vulnerabilities Secunia. The full scan task scans if the latest updates for the OS and other applications on the PC are installed.
In order to view the result of the detected vulnerability, click the View report link in the pop up window.
Kaspersky Lab’s experts recommend using the troubleshooting solutions for the vulnerabilities found on www.viruslist.com for the applications installed on your computer. It will help to reduce the threat of penetration of cybercriminals onto your PC. In order to have more information about the vulnerability, do the folloiwng:
- open the application main window
- select Scan
- in the right bottom corner click the Detected button
- on the Detected threats tab select the vulnerability for which you would like to get detailed information
- right-click on the link with the vulnerability
- in the context menu select Go to description
The link will automatically redirect you to Kaspersky Lab Virus Encyclopedia www.viruslist.com, where you can find a detailed description of the vulnerability:
- Secunia ID is a link to an Internet resource of the database of vulnerabilities Secunia with a detailed description of the vulnerability.
- CVE-ID is a link to the Internet resource of the database of vulnerabilities СVE (a dictionary of publicly known information security vulnerabilities and exposures).
- Release Date - shows the date when the vulnerability was released
- Last Change – shows the last date when the vulnerability was changed
- Criticality – shows the criticality level of the vulnerability
- Solution status – explains how to solve the vulnerability (patch, new program version, etc).
- Software – lists applications which are under the impact of the vulnerability
- Where – shows where the threat may penetrate your PC using the detected (for example, using HTTP service)
- Impact – impact of the attack onto a computer via the vulnerability
- Description – detailed description of the vulnerability
- Solution – detailed solution how to troubleshoot the vulnerability with the link to the patch, new program version, etc.
Sometimes Security Analyzer may repeatedly detect vulnerabilities in the same application (due to peculiarities of the update services of some software vendors). If such situation occurs, you are recommended to delete old versions of the application and install updated/latest versions.