Applies to Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
Problem: an application is added to the trusted group; however at the application startup a window pops up requesting access to the network.
Cause: an application inherits restrictions from the parental process/ application, i.e. the status of the parental process for the application you are starting was "prompt for action" when requesting access to the network.
In order to disable inheritance, do the following:
- in the notification window click the link with the name of the launched application
- in the window Rules for application clear the box Inherit restrictions of the parent process (application)
- click OK.
- in the notification window check the box Do not ask again
- select Allow (recommended).
If you have already closed the Rules for application window and have not disabled the box Inherit restrictions of the parent process (application) for the launched application, then you can change the rules for the program in Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 interface the following way:
- open the main program window
- select the My Security Zone tab
- click the link Application activity
- in the Application Activity Control window in the Category field select Trusted
- find the necessary application and double-click to open its rules
- in the Rules for application window go to the Rules tab
- in the lower part of the window clear the box Inherit restrictions of the parent process (application)
- click OK
- close the Application Activity Control window by clicking the Close button
- minimize the main program window