Concerning to Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
Essentially, the heuristic method analyzes the object's activities in the system. For this purpose, any script included in an IM client's message is executed in the protected environment. If this script's activity is typical of malicious objects, the object is likely to be classed as malicious or suspicious.
By default, heuristic analysis is enabled. Kaspersky Internet Security will inform you of a malicious object detected in a message.
Additionally you can set the detail level for scans:
To enable/disable the heuristic analysis, and to set the detail level for the scan, please perform the following:
- Open the main application window
- In the top part click the Settings link
- In the window that will open, in the Protection section select the IM Anti-Virus component
- In the Scan methods section, check / uncheck the Heuristic analysis box and set the scan detail level below
- Click the OK button
- Minimize all application windows