Concerning to Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
In Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 a user can create a trusted zone for applications, which will be not scanned by anti-virus application. Trusted Zone is created according to a trusted application list and exclusions rules.
Exclusions are managed via the Trusted zone in Kaspersky Internet Security 2010.
Exclusion rules can be only created for the components File Anti-Virus, Mail Anti-Virus, Web Anti-Virus, Application Control, Proactive Defense, the Scan tasks.
Exclusion rules allow adding exclusions by:
- Object - exclusion of a certain object, directory, or files that match a certain mask/format from scans.
- Threat type - exclude objects according the Virus Encyclopedia threat type classification.
The following parameters can be configured/ modified for the Object type:
- Define file, folder or mask excluded from scan
- Define exclusions for subfolders, if a definite folder is given as an exclusion
- Define component(s) and tasks for which the exclusion will work
The following parameters can be configured/ modified for the Threat type:
You can also define component(s) and tasks for which the exclusion will work
In order to create an Exclusion rule, perform the following actions:
- Open the main application window
- Click the Settings link
- Click Threats and Exclusions in the Options section
- In the right part of the window click the Settings button in the Exclusions section
- In the Trusted zone window go to the tab Exclusion masks
- Click the Add link
- In the Exclusion rule window specify the rule’s properties: exclude an object, a threats type or both
- Click the Select object link under Rule description
- In the Object name window click the Browse button and add the file for which you are creating the rule. Select the necessary folder with the file or enter the full path to the file
- Check the option Include subfolders if the rule is created for more than one file
- Click OK
- Next to the Threat type option click the enter threat name link, if you want to exclude a threat type
- In the Threat type window in the Specify the name/threat type mask field enter the classification type according to the Virus encyclopedia.
- Click OK
- In the lower part of the Exclusion mask window next to Component click the any link > click select components and define the components for which the exclusion rule will be applied
- Click OK in each window
- Close the main application window