Applies to Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
When working in safe mode, all changes required due to the application's operation, are only made in safe mode, so they do not affect the standard mode. Thus, files saved in safe mode cannot be transferred to the standard mode.
For the files saved or modified in safe mode to be available when working in standard mode, Kaspersky Internet Security provides the possibility of using the Safe Run Shared Folder. All files saved in this folder when working in safe mode, will be available in standard mode. The shared folder is a folder on a hard disk created at the Kaspersky Internet Security installation.
The shared folder is created during application installation, and its location cannot be changed. The path to the folder is the following:
%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\SandboxShared
The shared folder is indicated with the icon in the Microsoft Windows Explorer.
- if the computer works under OS Windows XP:
- if the computer works under OS Windows Vista/7:
You can also go to the folder from the Kaspersky Internet Security main window. In order to open the shared folder from the Kaspersky Internet Security main window, please perform the following:
- Open the main application window.
- In the left part of the window select the My Security Zone section.
- Click the Shared Folder link.
- The folder will open in a standard window of Microsoft Windows.