Attention! The update method described below is auxiliary, not the basic one; use this method if the computer with installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 has no Internet connection. The described update method does not provide an instantaneous delivery of the released updates and consequently does not keep the application in the actual state.
In order to update all necessary databases and application modules of Kaspersky Internet Security 2010, you can use a special update utility, which should be run manually from another computer or from a flash-carrier which is connected to the computer with the Internet connection.
First time the utility is launched all databases and modules necessary for the application and released to the present moment are loaded into a special folder, which resides in the folder with the update utility. Due to a large size of updates the first start of the utility usually takes some time. With each next start only missing, i.e. recently released, databases and modules will be loaded into the folder.
In June, 2009 the size of Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 databases takes about 95 MB on the flash carrier . Bear this information in mind, when selecting a flash carrier to store the updates for the application. With the time the size of the updates is only going to increase.
You can load some missing databases/ modules only if you have not deleted any files from the folder of the update utility.
Step-by-step instructions how to use the utility:
1. Download the required set of the update utility for_KIS_184.108.40.2069_463_736.zip.
2. Unpack the downloaded set on another computer which is connected to the Internet or onto a flash-carrier which is connected to the computer with the Internet connection.
Pay attention, the full path to the folder with the update utility should contain only Latin symbols!
3. The first launch of the utility will take some time, as all necessary databases/modules, released so far, are downloaded into the folder of the update utility (the approximate size of updates is about 52 MB). To reduce the size of the downloaded traffic you can copy the databases from the computer with the installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 into the folder of the update utility (THIS IS NOT OBLIGATORY).
For this before you start the utility the first time, do the following:
in the folder into which the utility has been unpacked, create the Temp folder;
into the Temp folder copy the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP9\Data\Updater\Temporary Files\temporaryFolder for Windows XP and the folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP9\Data\Updater\Temporary Files for Windows Vista.
4. From the unpacked folder run the file Updater.bat (double-click the file to run it).
Once the file is started, the following window appears on the screen:
The window shows that the copying process has started (the path to the file Updater.exe, shown in the figure may vary from the path shown in the window on your computer).
5. When the window disappears, in the folder of the update utility open the file iupdater.txt and make sure the file contains the following record (implying successful update):
The actual set of databases and modules is copied into the Updates subfolder of the folder, from which the file Updater.bat has been run.
Report of the utility work is written in the report_kis9_459_463_736.txt file. With each utility start the report will be overwritten.
6. Configure update of Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 from the Updates folder, into which the updates have been saved.
Open the application main window
In the right upper corner click the Settings button
Select My Update Center
In the left part of the window in the Update source section click the Settings button
in the Source tab click the Add link
Select the folder into which you have downloaded databases and modules using the update utility(subfolder Updates)
Click the OK button
In the Source tab uncheck Kaspersky Lab's update serevers
Click the OK button
Run the databases and modules update process
Additional information about the utility
If necessary download and unpack the archive of the VCRT8 library into the folder with the utility.
If you have any problems with the download of the databases/ modules, enable detailed report (trace) of the download process.
For it open the file Updater.bat for editing and in the line add the command:
Once the performed changes are saved, run the file Updater.bat and when the utility work is over and the error is reproduced, send the received trace log (the file trace.txt from the utility folder) to the Technical Support service via the HelpDesk form.
For the information in the report file report.txt to be ADDED (not overwritten) during the next launch of the utility, open the file Updater.bat for editing and in the line add the symbol >.