Applies to Kaspersky PURE
One of the spam recognition tools of the Anti-Spam component is the self-training algorithm iBayes. This algorithm makes a decision which status should be assigned to a message based on the phrases from the message. First, the algorithm should be trained on the samples of lines from useful and spam messages.
The Training Wizard is one of the methods to train iBayes algorithm. Training Wizard allows Anti-Spam training in batch mode (on several messages).
Anti-Spam using Training Wizard can be trained on samples of mail of the mail clients Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (32-bit) / 2007 (32-bit) and Microsoft Outlook Express (Windows Mail) (32-bit).
Correct spam recognition requires training using at least 50 useful messages and 50 samples of unwanted mail.
In order to train Anti-Spam using Training Wizard, do the following:
- open the main window of Kaspersky PURE
- click the My Computer Protection button
- in the right upper corner of the main application window click Settings
- in the left part of the window Settings - Kaspersky Pure under Protection select Anti-Spam
- in the right part of the window Settings - Kaspersky Pure in the section Anti-spam training click Train
- in the Training Wizard welcome window click Next
- in the window Not Spam email select folders with sample good mails (not spam)
- click Next
- in the window Spam mail specify the folders with sample spam mails
- click Next
- wait till the training process is over
- before the Wizard's work is over select one of the following actions:
- Add the results of this training session to Anti-Spam databases (if you have trained Anti-Spam before or have exported Anti-Spam databases from another program copy)
- Create new Anti-Spam databases (training is performed for the first time)
- click Finish
- click the OK button in the Settings - My Computer Protection window
- close the My Computer protection window and the main application window.