Applies to:Kaspersky PURE R2
in some cases after you have uninstalled ESET Nod 32 using the standard means of your operating system and then rebooting your computer, some signatures about the antivirus software may remain in the system registry of your operating system. If ESET Nod32 is detected, Kaspersky Lab Setup Wizard asks to delete the detected incompatible software manually and terminates the installation process.
Before the files are copied onto a hard disk the Setup Wizard scans the disk for software incompatible with Kaspersky Lab applications. Signatures in the system registry are determined by Kaspersky Lab Setup Wizard as if fully-functioning ESET Nod32 is installed on your computer.
In order to fully remove the product from your computer, follow the recommendations below:
The ESET Nod32 can be uninstalled by two different methods:
Method 1. Uninstallation of ESET security product by standard Microsoft Windows tools
- in the left lower corner of the screen click Start
- select the All Programs menu item
- select ESET - ESET Nod32 Antivirus from the menu that will open
- select Remove
- follow the Setup Wizard instructions and remove the application
- after the uninstallation process completes, restart your computer
- after restarting, confirm that you can see hidden files and folders
- delete the following folders:
- if OS Windows XP is installed on your computer
- C:\Program Files\ESET
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET
- C:\Documents and Settings\[user_name]\Application Data\ESET
- if OS Windows 7 or Vista is installed on your computer:
- C:\Program Files\ESET
Try to install Kaspersky PURE / Kaspersky PURE R2 once again. If the Setup Wizard informs you that the ESET software incompatible with Kaspersky Lab applications is detected, remove the application using ESET Uninstaller.
Method 2. Uninstallation of ESET security product using ESET Uninstaller
Using the ESET Uninstaller may reset your Windows network settings (alternative IP address, default gateway, subnet mask). After you complete work with ESET Uninstaller and restart your computer, you will need to configure network settings.
In order to uninstall the ESET security product using ESET Uninstaller, perform the following actions:
If you attempt to run the ESET Uninstaller in normal mode, it will fail and create an "ERROR!" message text file on your Desktop
- double-click the ESET Uninstaller icon
- carefully read the warning: "This tool uninstall AV product in non-standard way. Your PC can be harmed seriously, please back up Your data. Please keep in mind that as soon as this application is finished your network connection can be down and you will have to restart your PC. Are you really sure to continue? <y/n>". If you agree to perform the actions type "y" to confirm and press Enter
- after the following question appears: "Are you sure to uninstall ESS/EAV/EMSX from this OS?", you will see the information about your OS. To confirm type "y" in the question line and press Enter
- the uninstallation will take about 1 minute. After the process completes, the utility will be automatically closed
- restart your computer in normal mode.
Try to install Kaspersky PURE / Kaspersky PURE R2 once again. If during the installation process, the Setup Wizard will again inform you that ESET software incompatible with Kaspersky Lab applications is detected, perform the following actions:
- install the ESET antivirus software
- uninstall the application by Windows standard tools using the recommendations described above
- install Kaspersky PURE / Kaspersky PURE R2.
If all remains of your previous anti-virus software were removed, or you have not had any anti-virus software installed on your computer, but you cannot install Kaspersky PURE / Kaspersky PURE R2, then create a request to Kaspersky Lab Technical Support via the My Kaspersky Account service. Attach to your request a report created using Getsysteminfo.
In the request, do not forget to describe the problem and actions which are required to be performed to reproduce the problem in all details.