Applies to Kaspersky PURE
If you are using a proxy-server to connect to the Internet, you need to edit the Internet connection settings. Kaspersky PURE uses the settings in work of some components and to update the anti-virus databases and the application modules.
If you do not know your proxy-server settings, contact your provider.
In order to configure the proxy-server settings in Kaspersky PURE, perform the following actions:
1. Open the main application window
2. In the left part of the window select My Computer Protection
3. In the right upper corner click Settings
4. In the left part of the window Settings - My Computer Protection select My Update Center
5. In the right part of the window in the Update source section click the Settings button
6. In the window Update settings click the Proxy-server... button
7. Check Use proxy server.
You can also select Automatically detect the proxy server settings, but if the application fails to detect these settings, you will need to specify the settings manually.
If you are working in a local network, then you may need to specify proxy server authentication.
You can also check Bypass the proxy-server for local addresses. This option is useful, if you work in a local network. If you uncheck this option, then work with local addresses will be done via the proxy-server and it will increase your Internet traffic.
8. Click the OK button in every windows to confirm the changes
9. If the component My Parental Control is enabled enter the password in the Password checking window and click OK
10. Close the main application window