Applies to Kaspersky PURE
Kaspersky PURE is an optimal solution for comprehensive protection of computers within your home network.
Kaspersky PURE ensures protection of your computer against all types of information threats in real time, secures your personal data from loss and unauthorized use, protects children and teenagers from threats related to computer and Internet usage, and manages the security of all computers within your home network from any single computer.
Kaspersky PURE includes the following functional modules:
My Computer Protection protects your computer against known and new threats. Each type of threat is processed by a separate application component. This structure of the protection system allows a flexible configuration of the application, depending on the needs of any specific, or of an enterprise as a whole. Computer Protection includes the following protection tools:
- Protection components ensure security for:
- files and personal data;
- network activity.
- Virus scan tasks are used to scan individual files, folders, drives, areas, or the entire computer for viruses.
- My Update Center ensures the up-to-date status of internal application modules and databases used to scan for malicious programs.
My Backup quickly restores your data if data loss occurs. Data stored on a computer can be lost due to various issues, such as impact of a virus, information modification or deletion by another user, etc. To avoid losing important information, you should regularly back up data. Backup copying creates backup copies of objects in a special storage on the selected device. If necessary, the required version of the saved file can be restored from the backup copy.
My Encryption protects your confidential data against unauthorized access. Confidential information, which is saved in electronic mode, requires additional protection from unauthorized access. Data encryption allows creating special encrypted containers on the chosen drive. In the system, such containers are displayed as virtual removable drives. To access the data in the encrypted container, a password should be entered.
My Parental Control protects children and teenagers from threats related to computer and Internet usage. Parental Control allows a flexible limit of the access to resources and applications for different users depending on their age and experience. Besides, this function allows to view statistical reports about the users' actions. The specified restrictions fall into three categories:
- using the Internet;
- instant messaging;
- using the computer.
My Password Manager ensures safe storage of passwords and other account data, and confidentiality while filling various authorization forms. At the moment, registration and entering account data for authentication are required to access the majority of services and resources. For security reasons, it is not recommended to use identical user accounts for different resources, or write down your user name and password. As a result, today's user is not able to remember huge amounts of account data, which makes safe storing of passwords particularly up-to-date. Password Manager makes it possible to store different personal data in encrypted form (for example, user names, passwords, addresses, phone and credit card numbers). Data access is protected with a single Master Password. After entering the Master Password, Password Manager can automatically fill in the fields of different authorization forms. Thus, you should remember only one Master Password to manage all account data.
My Control Center allows to remotely manage the security of networked computers. Home network often comprises several computers, which makes it difficult to manage network security. The vulnerability of one computer puts in jeopardy the whole network. The Control Center allows starting virus scan tasks and update tasks for the whole network or for selected computers, manage the backup copying of data, and configure Parental Control settings on all computers within the network immediately from your workspace. This ensures remote security management of all computers within home network.
My System Tune-Up is used for optimizing the operating system settings and performing specific computer security tasks. Volume and diversity of information about system security makes its analysis and processing difficult. To facilitate solving specific tasks of providing computer security, Kaspersky PURE includes the following wizards and tools:
- Browser Configuration Wizard performs the analysis of the Microsoft Internet Explorer settings by assessing them, primarily, in relation to the security.
- System Restore Wizard removes traces left by malicious objects in the system.
- Privacy Cleaner Wizard finds and removes traces of user's activities in the system, and the operating system settings, which allow gathering information about the user's activities.
- Rescue Disk is designed to scan and disinfect infected x86-compatible computers. It should be used when the infection is at such level that it is deemed impossible to disinfect the computer using anti-virus applications or malware removal utilities.
- Permanently Delete Data prevents unauthorized restoration of deleted files. Unused Data Clearing Wizard deletes temporary and unused files requiring considerable volume of disk space or being at risk of a malware impact.