Applies to Kaspersky PURE
Trusted zone is the user-created list of objects which should not be controlled by Kaspersky PURE. In other words, it is a set of exclusions from the scope of My Computer Protection. Trusted zone is created based on:
- Exclusion rules
- Trusted applications
What are exclusion rules?
Exclusion rules are sets of conditions that My Computer Protection uses to verify if it can skip an object during the scan. You can create exclusion rules only for the following components:
- File Anti-Virus
- Mail Anti-Virus
- Web Anti-Virus
- Application Control
- Proactive Defense
Exclusion rules allow adding exclusions by:
- Object - exclusion of a certain object, directory, or files that match a certain mask / format from scans.
- Threat type - exclude objects according the Virus Encyclopedia threat type classification.
The following parameters can be configured/ modified for the Object type:
- Define file, folder or mask excluded from scan
- Define exclusions for subfolders, if a definite folder is given as an exclusion
- Define component(s) and tasks for which the exclusion will work
The following parameters can be configured / modified for the Threat type:
You can also define component(s) and tasks for which the exclusion will work
How to create an exclusion rule for a particular program?
In order to create an Exclusion rule, perform the following actions:
- open the main application window
- click the My Computer Protection button
- in the My Computer Protection window, click the Settings link
- in the left part of the Settings - My Computer Protection window, click Threats and Exclusions
- in the right part of the window click the Settings... button in the Exclusions section
- in the Trusted zone window go to the tab Exclusion rules
- click the Add link
- in the Exclusion rule window specify the rule’s properties:
- click the Select object... link under Rule description
- in the Object name window click the Browse... button and select the file for which you are creating the rule. Select the necessary folder with the file or enter the full path to the file
- check the option Include subfolders if the rule is created for more than one file
- in the Object name window, click OK
- if you have checked Threats type, then next to the Threat type option click the enter threat name... link, if you want to exclude a threat type
- in the Threat type window, enter the classification type according to the Virus encyclopedia.
- in the Threat type window, click OK
- in the lower part of the Exclusion mask window next to Protection components click the any link > click select components
- in the Protection Components window, define the components for which the exclusion rule will be applied
- click OK
- in the Exclusion rule window, click the OK button
- in the Trusted Zone window, you can find the description of the created rule. Click the OK button
- in the right lower corner of the Settings - My Computer Protection window, click the OK button
- in the My Computer Protection window, click the Close button
- close the main application window.