Applies to Kaspersky PURE
The Web Anti-Virus component is designed to ensure the security while using the Internet. It protects your computer against data coming into your computer via the HTTP protocol, and also prevents dangerous scripts from being executed on the computer.
Web protection monitors HTTP traffic that passes only through the ports included in the monitored port list. If you use ports that are not on this list, you must add them to the list to protect traffic using these ports.
Web Anti-Virus includes some modes, which are called security levels. The security level is defined as a preset configuration of Web Anti-Virus settings distinguished by Kaspersky Lab specialists. Three security levels are designed in Kaspersky PURE:
- High. This security level is recommended for sensitive environments when no other HTTP security tools are being used (firewall, proxy server).
- Recommended. This security level is optimal for using in most situations, because it is balanced based on system resources use and provides high protection level.
- Low. Use this security level if you have additional HTTP traffic protection tools installed on your computer (firewall, proxy server etc.).
In order to change the Web Anti-Virus security level, perform the following actions:
- open the main application window of Kaspersky PURE
- click the My Computer Protection button
- in the right upper corner of the My Computer Protection window click the Settings link
- in the Settings - My Computer Protection window in the Protection section select the Web Anti-Virus component
- in the Security level section set the requred security level
- in the left lower part of the window click the OK button
- close the My Computer Protection window
- close the main application window.
If none of the preset levels meet your needs, you can configure the Web Anti-Virus settings on your own. As a result, the security level name will be changed to Custom.
You can restore the recommended security level, set by default, by clicking the Default level button.