Applies to Kaspersky PURE
HTTP traffic scan methods
The Web Anti-Virus component is designed to ensure the security while using the Internet. It protects your computer against data coming into your computer via the HTTP protocol, and also prevents dangerous scripts from being executed on the computer. Kaspersky PURE monitors web traffic using the following scan methods:
- base of suspicious web addresses
- base of phishing web addresses
- heuristic analysis
URLs scan allows determining web sites which are listed in the "black" list. The database of suspicious URLs is created by Kaspersky Lab specialists.
You can receive URLs which lead to phishing sites via e-mails or internet messengers (for example, ICQ). The Web Anti-Virus component determines and blocks access to such sites by monitoring HTTP traffic.
The heuristic method analyzes the object's activities in the system. If those actions are typical of malicious objects, the object is likely to be classed as malicious or suspicious. This allows new threats to be detected even before they have been researched by virus analysts.
Additionally, you can set the scan detail level: light scan, medium scan, deep scan. In order to set the detail level, move the slider to the required level.
How to set HTTP traffic scan methods in Kaspersky PURE?
In order to enable or disable any scan method, perform the following actions:
- open the main application window of Kaspersky PURE
- click the My Computer Protection button
- in the My Computer Protection window in the right upper corner click the Settings link
- in the Protection section select Web Anti-Virus
- in the right part of window in the Security level section click the Settings button
- in the Web Anti-Virus window in the Scan methods section check/uncheck the required scan methods:
- Check if URLs are listed in the base of suspicious web addresses
- Check if URLs are listed in the base of phishing web addresses
- Heuristic analysis
- if you have checked the Heuristic analysis box, then you can set the scan detail level by moving the slider to the required position:
- light scan
- medium scan
- deep scan
- in the lower part of the window click the OK button
- in the Settings - My Computer Protection window click the OK button
- close the My Computer Protection window
- close the main application window.