Applies to Kaspersky Administration Kit 8.0
Network Agent provides communication between the Administration Server and Kaspersky Lab antivirus software installed on a network node (workstation or server). Thus, it is necessary to install the component Network Agent on all PCs which will be controlled via Kaspersky Administration Kit.
When you install the component Administration Server, a special version of Network Agent will be installed along with it. It can only be removed together with the Administration Server.
Network Agent distribution package makes part of the Kaspersky Administration Kit complex and is uniform for almost all Kaspersky Lab applications for Windows which allow remote control. During installation of Administration Server, an Network Agent installation package will be created in the console tree node Repositories > Installation Packages. The physical location of its installation files is the folder C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Administration Kit\Share\Packages\NetAgent 8.0.*.
It is possible to install Network Agent either manually or remotely via an application deployment task or Active Directory group policies. You can also create a self-extracting archive containing Network Agent installation files and make this .exe file available on a shared resource.
During Network Agent installation it is necessary to specify parameters of an Administration Server it will connect to. In order to provide these parameters, a configuration file containing Administration Server parameters is included into the installation package when you prepare Network Agent distribution package for remote installation. Due to it, if you are using non-standard means to install Network Agent, a folder with a ready Network Agent installation package should be used.
If later you decide to restructure your logical network, you will be able to “redirect” the Agent to another Server. Run a Change Kaspersky Administration Server task to do it.
Once the Network Agent has been installed, its settings are configured via Network Agent policy. To avoid loss of connection between Network Agent and Administration Server, do not change Administration Server settings in the Network Agent policy!
Due to some software-specific features, you should use special Network Agent builds to remotely control the following Kaspersky Lab applications:
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 5.6 for ISA Server 2000 Enterprise Edition is controlled via Network Agent version 5.0.0474.
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 5.7 for Novell Netware is controlled via the Network Agent version provided and installed along with it.
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 5.7 for Linux Workstations and File Servers - the Network Agent distribution package is located in the same folder as the Kaspersky Anti-Virus distribution package.
- Kaspersky Mobile Security 7.0 Enterprise Edition - is controlled via the Network Agent version provided and installed along with Kaspersky Mobile Security 7.0 Enterprise Edition.
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Smartphone - is controlled via the Network Agent version provided and installed along with the Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Smartphone.
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Mac - is controlled via the Network Agent version provided and installed along with the Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Mac.
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Linux - is controlled via the Network Agent version provided and installed along with the Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Linux.