After installation of a Kaspersky Lab product, Windows Vista may "blue screen", e.g. during the computer startup or during a task execution. It might be a conflict either with your computer software or with some drivers and Kaspersky Lab product. If such a problem arises, Kaspersky Lab Technical Support should receive a complete memory dump file.
How to get complete memory dump:
By default the operating system creates a small memory dump that is not enough to find out the reason for the failure, a complete memory dump is necessary for it. Configure it the following way:
Step 1. Select the Complete memory dump type
- In the left lower part of the screen, click Start
- Right-click My computer icon and select Properties
- In the left part of the System window, click the Advanced system settings link.
- In the System properties window on the Advanced tab in the Startup and Recovery section, click the Settings button.
- In the Startup and Recovery window in the Write debugging information section, select Complete memory dump.
- Select the folder where the complete memory dump should be saved by specifying it in the Dump file field. By default, this file will be created by the operating system in its own folder in MEMORY.DMP file.
25 GB of free space on the disk or more are necessary to successfully save the complete memory dump upon the system crash.
- In the Startup and Recovery window click OK.