Applies to Kaspersky PURE R2
In Kaspersky PURE R2 a user can create a trusted zone of applications, which will be not scanned by anti-virus application.
It is important to remember that if you create a trusted application list, than Kaspersky PURE R2 will not control file and network program activities and registry prompts. An exe file of a program will still be scanned for viruses. If you want to disable an application scan at all, than you need to use Trusted Zone Exclusion rules.
Rules for trusted application:
- Do not scan opened files
- Do not monitor application activity
- Do not monitor child application activity
- Do not scan network traffic
In order to create a rule for the trusted application, perform the following actions:
- open the main application window
- on the upper right hand corner of the window, click Settings
- on the upper part of the Settings window, select Protection
- on the left hand part of the Settings window, select Threats and exclusions
- on the right hand part of the window, click on the Settings button in the Exclusions section
- go to the Trusted applications tab
- click on the Add link
- select an executable file of the trusted application via Browse... or Applications... (show run applications)
- on the Exclusions for application window, select the settings for the trusted application:
on the Exclusions for application window, click OK
- Do not scan opened files - excludes from the scan all files that the trusted application process.
- Do not monitor application activity - excludes from Proactive Defense monitoring any activity, suspicious or otherwise, that the trusted application performs.
- Do not monitor child application activity - excludes from Proactive Defense monitoring any activity, suspicious or otherwise, that the trusted application's child processes perform.
Do not scan network traffic
- excludes from scans for viruses and spam any network traffic initiated by the trusted application. You can exclude all the application’s network traffic or encrypted traffic (SSL\TSL
) from the scan. To do so, click the all
link. It will change to encrypted. In addition you can restrict the exclusion by assigning a remote host/port. To create a restriction, click any
, which will change to selected
, and enter a value for the remote port/host.If the Do not scan network traffic option is checked the application traffic is not scanned for viruses and spam only. However the traffic is still scanned by Firewall according to the parameters with which network activity of the application is analyzed.
- on the Trusted zone window, click OK
- on the bottom right hand corner of the Settings window, click OK
- close the main application window.
By default the following file is added to trusted applications with the Do not scan encrypted network traffic parameter in Kaspersky PURE: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe – executable file of the system process Microsoft Windows Update. Protected traffic of this service cannot be scanned by any anti-virus software. Work of these programs will be finished with an error, if the following rule has not been created for this service.