Applies to Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 for Personal ComputerSafe Run
– a new technology embedded into Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 for Personal Computer
- allows running any programs not in the OS itself, but in the limited virtual space thus blocking access to the OS resources. Safe Run
interacts with other program components (i.e. does not function separately). If a virus somehow gets access to the system resources it will be stopped by other protection components, namely HIPS, Proactive Defense
and File Anti-Virus. Safe Run
in interaction with these components considerably increases protection level against penetration of both known and unknown threats onto your PC.
Technology of the Safe Run
- the OS from being modified by any software (including potentially dangerous modifications)
- malicious programs from penetrating onto your PC through vulnerabilities in the applications, earlier added to Trusted zone
- access to the user’s confidential data from unwanted software.
The Safe Run
component works both ways: it provides secure Internet surfing and safe launch of any applications, including those received from untrustworthy sources.
Safe Internet surfing
(without the risk of computer infection) provides the following possibilities:
- using Internet on a daily basis;
- visiting untrustworthy Internet-resources where viruses may spread and/or where user’s confidential data may be spoofed;
- viewing documents in different formats online (e.g. html-document)
- searching info on the Internet with the further deletion of the browsing history
Safe run of applications allows:
- installing and running applications received from untrustworthy resources
- opening and working with any documents
- using networks IRC,IM, e-mail (applications, ICQ, MSN Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger and etc.) for private communications and later deleting the message history