Applies to Kaspersky PURE R2
By default, objects are scanned according to signature analysis (using databases which contain descriptions of all known malware and the corresponding disinfection methods). Kaspersky PURE R2 compares each scanned object with the database records to determine firmly if the object is malicious, and if so, into which class of malware it falls.
Since new malicious objects appear daily, there is always some malware which are not described in the databases, and which can only be detected using heuristic analysis.
You can set the detail level for scans in File Anti-Virus. The higher the detail level, the more resources the scan will require, and the longer it will take.
In order to enable the heuristic analysis, and set the level for scans, perform the following actions:
- open the main application window
- in the upper part of the window click Settings
- in the upper part of the Settings window, select Protection
- in the left part of the Settings window, select the File Anti-Virus component
- click the Settings button in the right part of the window in the Security level section
- go to the Performance tab
- in the Scan methods section, check the Heuristic analysis box
- specify the level for the scan:
click the OK button in the right lower corner of the windowclick the OK button in the Settings windowclose the main application window.
- light scan
- medium scan
- deep scan