On November 26, 2011 Kaspersky Lab announces release of Critical Fix 1 for Maintenance Pack 1 for Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0 (builds 184.108.40.206 (Windows Mobile), 9.3.79 (Symbian OS).
Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0 subscription service allowing to pay for the application every 30 days (if the mobile service operator supports the corresponding service).
Support of Symbian^3.
Activation error displayed on some Nokia mobile devices is fixed.
Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0 is designed to ensure complex protection of mobile devices.
The product provides the following functionality to the user:
- File system scan for viruses or other malicious programs by user's demand or according to the schedule
- On-access anti-virus file scan
- Opportunity to quarantine infected objects and disinfect some of them
- Anti-virus databases update by user's demand or according to the schedule via GPRS, Wi-Fi, EDGE or ActiveSync (for Windows Mobile version)
- Blocking unsolicited SMS messages and calls
- Opportunity to block the user data in case the device is lost or stolen
- Opportunity to delete user data in case the device is lost or stolen
- Device protection against network attacks via TCP/IP
- Opportunity to create a folder for saving files in the encrypted form
- Opportunity to identify the phone location remotely (if the device is equipped with a GPS receiver)
- Opportunity to block outgoing calls and messages to the specified numbers
- Opportunity to send Anti-Theft commands to manage other devices with Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0 installed
- Opportunity to temporary hide/restore personal information.
The product has a user-friendly and intuitive interface.
The product can be installed to the main memory of the mobile device only.
Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0 comprises the following components:
- Parental Control
- Privacy Protection
The product runs only on mobile devices that support SMS receipt and sending and work under the following operating systems:
- Symbian OS 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.4 Series 60 (Nokia smartphones only)
- Windows Mobile 5.0, 6.0, 6.1, 6.5
- Symbian^3 (only for Nokia mobile devices).
Usupported operating systems:
The product has been tested on the following mobile devices:
- Nokia: E61, 5500, N95, 3250, E50, E60, N71, N80, E71, N96, N78, 6220, 6110, 5800, N82, N97, E90, N76, 5530, 5730
- HTC: 710S, S620, Touch Diamond, HD2, Touch Pro2, MAX 4G
- HP: iPaq 514, S100, HW 6915
- Eten: m600, x800
- Toshiba: G900
- ASUS P750
- Samsung SGH i200
- Glofish DX900
Main peculiarities and issues:
- In Mitac mobile devices, the Privacy Protection component does not hide a last call.
- In Eten and Glofiish mobile devices, an empty message from an unknown sender is created by itself when the Privacy Protection component is enabled.
- If Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0 is installed on a mobile device working under Windows Mobile, the time required to turn on the device is increased.
- In Samsung mobile devices, the embedded application SPB GPRS Monitor does not work.
- In Nokia mobile devices, some functions of the application Mail-agent stop working in case if maximum protection security level of Firewall is set.
- In Nokia mobile devices, if contacts with the same phone numbers are added to the mobile phone Contacts list and you perform hiding and displaying of your private data in Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0, the firstly added contact will be replaced by the secondly added one.
- If your phone number is added to the Privacy Protection list, MMS messages sent to this number may be hided. In order to open hided MMS messages, disable Hide mode.
- If the Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0 is installed to the main phone memory and a new unread sms message is received from the contact added to the Privacy Protection list and saved to the phone card, then in cases when the contacts are hided/displayed, the you will be informed about a new unread message each time.
- In some mobile devices working under Symbian OS, in some cases, to access an encrypted folder with image files it is required to repeat entering your secret password.
- In some mobile devices running under Windows Mobile, it is impossible to open image files even after entering a secret code. If you wish to open such image files, decrypt the required folder with files. Once the folder is decrypted, files will be available.