Applies to Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 for Personal ComputerVulnerability scan
is designed to determine whether software has vulnerabilities which can be used by cyber criminals to spread malicious objects and to access personal data.
Vulnerability scan task has its own default list of objects to scan. These objects include operating system and applications, installed on your computer. Objects added to the list be default cannot be edited or deleted, You can temporarily disable objects scan by default by unchecking the box to the left of the object's name.
You can also create your own list of objects to scan for vulnerabilities. For example, if you do not want to scan for vulnerabilities the whole system and all applications installed on your computer, which may be vulnerable, you can add your own list of applications, network and logical drives to scan.
If the scan scope is empty, or it contains no selected objects, a scan task cannot be started.
In order to add/edit or delete objects from the scan scope, perform the following actions:
- Open the main application window.
- In the left part of the window go to the Scan tab.
- In the upper right corner of the main window click the Settings link.
- In the left part of the Settings window select Vulnerability Scan.
- In the right part of the Settings window in the Objects to scan section click the Settings button.
- In the Objects to scan window click the Add/Edit/Delete link to modify or create your own list of objects.
- To scan subfolders check the Include subfolders box in the window Select object to scan.
- In the lower part of the window click the OK button.
- In the Objects to scan window click the OK button.
- Click the OK button in the Settings window.
- Close the main application window.